We thank all those parents who attended.
The Agenda: The following were discussed:
- Nutrition affects learning
- Discipline / Behaviour affects learning
- What can I do as a parent to help my child?
- How to improve my child's reading/ literacy
- How to improve my child's mathematics/ numeracy
A number of video clips were shown to parents to illustrate these points. We also gave a handout, which included the following:
3. What can I do as a parent to help my child?
3.1 Show interest in your child's school;
3.2 Ask questions about what happens at school;
3.3 Support the school by attending meetings & functions;
3.4 Pay the School Fees;
3.5 Never say bad things about the school/ teacher in his/ her presence;
3.6 Encourage your child to be positive;
3.7 Ensure that your child does his/ her homework;
3.8 Assist your child with homework;
3.9 Praise & reward your child regularly;